Hello everyone! Today’s post is on this smoothie recipe I came up with and am obsessed with! Raspberry lemon combinations are my favorite! Anything sweet, tart or sour, I’m in! Here is what you’ll need:
- Lemon greek yogurt
- Juice of half a lemon
This is a very simple recipe, and you can tweak it to your tasting! The measurements I have here are for 1-2 servings.
- First, in a blender, dump 1 cup of ice cubes.
- Pour about 3/4 cup milk in.
- Put in about 1/4-1/2 cup raspberries.
- Next comes the lemon greek yogurt! I used (approximately) 3/4 of the cup it came in.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in. Make sure to take out the seeds before you add the juice!
- Last but not least, honey. Use about a tablespoon.
- Blend it!
- Add anything you think it may need.
As you may have notice, I said “about” on a lot of the measurements. That is because smoothies are a very flexible drink and I never actually measure 1 cup of this or 3/4 of that. Really, once you get the idea of smoothie making, it becomes extremely easy to make up your own recipes. Now that I think about it, I have only used a legitimate smoothie recipe once in my life (maybe twice)! The basic idea of making a smoothie is:
- You need something frozen. Whether its ice or the fruit is frozen, you need it in there!
- Fruit or vegetables whose flavors go together well. This can take some experimenting!
- Something thick like yogurt, cream, a concentrate, mango, banana, etc.
- A juice, milk, tea, or another liquid beverage.
- And if your fruit or veggies aren’t sweet or tart, honey. (you can use another sweetener too, but honey works best)
- Add a fun ingredient or two if needed and have fun with it!